The Steps Dance Center Summer Intensive, now in its seventh year, offers dancers ages 6 & up a chance to study at an intense level with some of the top dance professionals from Chicago and beyond.
Classes offered in ballet, modern, jazz, contemporary, musical theatre, hip-hop, improvisation, stretch & strength, and pilates. This summer event is a must for students who are passionate about dance!
Two weeks of inspiration to choose from. Take one or both!
WEEK 1: July 17-20
WEEK 2: July 24-27
Ages 6-8 10:00am-1:30pm
Ages 9 & Up 10:00am – 4:00pm
STEPS SUMMER INTENSIVE POLICIES:
– Please wear proper attire for all classes. Hair should be worn in a slicked back bun.
Ballet: Black leotard, pink tights, canvas ballet shoes.
Jazz, Contemporary, Modern, Musical Theatre: Tight-fitting clothing (shorts, leggings, tight tank or top). No T-shirts or sweatpants.
Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing (sweatpants, T-shirt, leggings). Clean sneakers or boots (not worn outside)
– Be sure to bring plenty of water and a light snack for in between classes.
– You are welcome to bring a Theraband to all stretch classes, however it is not required.
– Be sure to thank your teachers at the end of every class.
– If you’re taking a class that’s new or challenging, take a deep breath and give it 100%! Intensives are a great way to experiment and make mistakes so that you can learn and grow!